We all want hair that looks good. Right? Sometimes we add extensions to give our hair some extra oomph, experiment with a style we wouldn’t dare try on our precious locks or protect our hair while trying to grow it out. No matter what style you rock, it’s important to care for your real hair and scalp.
We’ve all heard the saying “out of sight, out of mind.” It’s easy to fall victim to this and neglect your hair while wearing weaves and extensions.
Before You Install the Extensions:
- Wash and deep condition your hair.
- Hydrate and protect with a leave in conditioner.
- Make sure your hair is completely dry.
Daily care while wearing extensions:
- Conditioning – use a silicone free leave-in conditioner as needed to keep hair hydrated such as Hairfinity Revitalizing Leave In. Apply directly to your natural hair that is under the extensions.
- Oiling – if you are wearing a sew-in weave, try oiling your scalp nightly using a silicone free oil such as Hairfinity Nourishing Botanical Oil. Apply directly to the scalp. Do not apply to the added hair as it may cause it to become too oily.
- Protecting Your Hairline – Weaves, braids, and extensions can wreak havoc on your hairline due to tension and dryness. Use a product designed to nourish and protect your hairline such as Hairfinity Infinite Edges Serum. Also, make sure that your hair is not pulled too tight during the installation of the extensions.
Washing while you are wearing the extensions:
- Comb the extension hair thoroughly to remove all tangles.
- Use a shampoo designed to clear irritants and free follicles of buildup without stripping hair and scalp of its natural moisture such as the Hairfinity Scalp Purifying Shampoo. This shampoo has a special nozzle that makes it easy to apply the product directly to the scalp. Apply the shampoo directly to the scalp and hair. Massage the scalp to lift up dirt. Rinse the shampoo out of the hair using warm water. Make sure that you rinse your scalp thoroughly and remove all soap from the scalp.
- Use a conditioner designed to nourish, soothe and protect your scalp and natural hair while preventing matting, breakage and dryness such as Hairfinity Moisture Restoring Conditioner. This conditioner has a special nozzle that makes it easy to apply the product directly to the scalp.Let the conditioner sit on the hair for a few minutes and then rinse. You can also deep condition both your exposed natural hair and added hair.
- Dry the hair completely.
After removing the extensions:
It is very, very important to have your extensions removed by a professional. If not removed properly, you could lose a lot of hair.
- Make sure the hair is properly detangled and ALL shed hairs have been brushed out before washing. Not doing this can cause the hair to become extremely
- Wash your hair
- Deep Condition
- Dry the hair completely.
Hairfinity’s Beneath the Weave products are formulated with cooling, soothing ingredients to nourish your natural hair and scalp when extensions, weaves or protective styles are part of your look. Stops scalp itch while hydrating and refreshing. This line can also be used without extensions for scalp protection and nourishment. Ingredients include:
- Neem Leaf Extract
- Coconut Oil
- Marshmallow Leaf/Root Extract
- Olive Oil
- Tea Tree Oil
- Peppermint Oil