There are several factors which can cause your hair to become thin over time. Hair thickness comes from having an adequate amount of keratin protein, which is made up of amino acids, and held together by hydrogen bonds. When there is a sufficient amount of amino acids, hair is thick, strong, and voluminous.
However, when it lacks these building blocks, the hair weakens and can become thin and frail. Amino acids also produce red blood cells that supply nutrients and oxygen to hair follicles further contributing to the health and thickness of each strand. So whether your hair is becoming thin due to over styling, chemical treatments, or simply aging, adding a supplement such as HAIRFINITY Volume Builder Amino Acid Booster can help replace these hair building nutrients:
- Cystine is an amino acid that has been shown to stimulate hair regrowth and fight hair loss while providing strength to the hair shaft. Up to 14% of your hair is made up of this amino acid. Dietary sources of Cystine include chicken, broccoli and milk.
- Arginine is one of the most important amino acids for hair growth. It produces nitric oxide, a compound which helps improve blood circulation and the supply of nutrients to the hair follicles. This can help improve the very first stages of hair growth. Dietary sources of Arginine include coconut, sunflower seeds, and fish.
- Lysine help reduce the enzyme shown be a prominent factor in male and female pattern baldness. This amino acid can also improve iron absorption to prevent iron deficiency which has been linked to hair loss and excessive hair shedding.
- Methionine is a sulphur rich amino acid that helps your body produce the keratin protein which is the main material of the hair shaft. It also helps boost collagen production, another protein that makes up the hair structure. Dietary sources of Methionine include eggs, fish, and sesame seeds.
- Taurine acts as a protective shield against the negative effects of TGF-beta, a protein that may cause hair loss. It has also been shown to help increase the hair diameter when taken by women who had fine or thin hair.
You may be eating a healthy and balanced diet! But including foods and supplements that contain these can help boost the growth and health of your hair, and also your overall well-being.